Benefits of Contractors All Risk Insuarance.
Why is Contractors All Risk Insurance useful?
We understand that you as the contractor, your construction projects are exposed to a number of unforeseeable risks. Have you got these risks covered?
Our CARIC Covers the contractor for loss or damage to contract works, materials and equipment from client perils that may occur during the course of construction (of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, and other like infrastructure). The perils covered include fire, lightning, flood, storm and tempest, acts of God, theft, malicious damage, impact damage. The policy is extended to include liabilities to third parties for bodily injury or damage to property.
Frequently asked questions
What would you like to know?
Contractors all risk (CAR) insurance is specifically aimed at those who work within the construction sector. This policy is usually provided the duration of the contract and provides protection for individual construction contracts, including:
- Contract works
- Contractors plant and machinery
- Hired in plant and equipment
- Temporary buildings
- Show home contents
- Employee tools
- Architects drawings
A CAR policy is generally the single most inclusive insurance policy for those who work within the construction sector.
Before insurers quote you a premium for your CAR policy, they will first consider a number of factors in order to determine what kind of risk you are. Such factors will include the scope, value, location and duration of the work you will be undertaking.
Sometimes temporary site buildings are automatically included in a CAR policy as long as these are the insured works originally stipulated when buying the policy. They may be covered under the general definition of the contract works indemnified by the definition of contract works within the policy. If not, then it will be down to the policyholder to amend said policy to include any temporary buildings as required.
In order to ensure that you have all your bases covered, you may also want to consider:
- Public liability
- Work Injury Benefits Act 2007
- Employers liability
- Car insurance
- Goods in transit
- Description of construction works.
- Location of construction.
- Total Value of Machinery and equipment on site.
- Value of Materials on site at any one.
- Value of the contract (contract works).
- Value of the surrounding properties.
- Third party liability cover limit.
This cover is ideal for:
- Individual and private contractors.
- Construction companies in property development.
- Companies engaging in the construction and maintenance of bridges, roads, dams, sewerage and civil engineering and other infrastructural erection.
- Companies and individuals engaged in construction of own premises or sites.