Let your tools work with protected ease.
Why is Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance useful?
Plant and equipment often constitute a considerable part of a contractor’s investment. Contractor’s plant and machinery is an exclusive all risks policy covering the plant and machinery used by the contractors on site for various projects. Our contractors plant and machinery insurance covers the property, whether they are at work or at rest or being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning or overhauling, or during course of operations or when being shifted within the premises.
What would you like to know?
The policy covers unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage of insured machines from any cause not excluded in a manner necessitating repair or replacement.
Before insurers quote you a premium for your policy, they will first consider a number of factors in order to determine what kind of risk you are. Such factors will include the scope, value, location and duration of the work you will be undertaking.
Sometimes temporary site buildings are included in the policy as long as these are the insured works originally stipulated when buying the policy. They may be covered under the general definition of the contract works indemnified by the definition of contract works within the policy. If not, then it will be down to the policyholder to amend said policy to include any temporary buildings as required.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Contractors All Risk Insurance
- Work Injury Benefits
- Machinery Breakdown
- Erections All Risks Insurance
- Description of items to be insured
- Location or geographical area of plant
- Total Value of Machinery and equipment on site
- Value of Materials on site
This cover is ideal for:
- Individual and private contractors.
- Construction companies in property development.
- Companies engaging in the construction and maintenance of bridges, roads, dams, sewerage and civil engineering and other infrastructural erection.
- Companies and individuals engaged in construction of their own premises or sites.